Wednesday, February 7, 2007

I'm "wedding" for my life to get more interesting

MY LIFE
My life really hasn't been that officey lately, which is extremely disappointing. I did have one brief encounter earlier today, though. On the shuttle there was a girl who totally looked like Angela, right down to the facial expressions. If she had blond hair, I seriously would have asked her for an autograph, that's how similar they looked. Really, that's all I've got for you right now, but don't worry, I'll work on making my life more office-like in the future.

THE OFFICE
Tomorrow will host the Phyllis Wedding episode, and I am excited. Phyllis had always been one of the more underrated and underutilized characters in the Office, and upon further inspection, I think that what Phyllis loses in quantity, she makes up for in quality. I can't think of a single Phyllis moment that didn't make me laugh, and she definitely deserves and episode focusing on her. As I say that, however, I am not fooled into thinking that this episode will really be about Phyllis. It will be more about the characters becoming introspective about their relationships, especially Pam. I am expecting great things out of this episode, which is kind of dangerous, because I usually try and lower expectations to prevent let-down. But I just can't help it. Previews have shown some more of the exasperatingly painful Michael we all love, some pretty funny (and maybe even sweet???) Dwight and Angela stuff, and some ridiculous correlations between Pam's almost-wedding and Phyllis' union with Bob Vance (ex: Pam and Roy, Phyllis and Robert). Like I mentioned earlier, I think this episode will be about introspection - for the characters AND for the fans. Balance that with some horribly awkward and inappropriate Michael and I think we have the ingredients for a superb 30 minutes of NBC television. Enjoy the show, I know I will!

No comments: